**June 2024 Check-in**

We had two of our days last trip that were Grad Nites. We stayed at The Anaheim Hotel which is right across the street from the entrance for Grad Nite (behind Guardians). The crowds were actually pretty low our entire trip (it was the first week in June), it was just the type of crowd that was annoying. Giant packs of teens. Everywhere 😂 Most were fine but the ones who weren't...they stood out. I teach 2nd grade and it was like a lot of huge 2nd graders had been let loose. So just be aware! I would start at DCA on Grad Nites because you will want to clear out closer to their party start. The groups that have hoppers can/will stay in DL under midnight and then hop to DCA for the rest of their party. But most of the grads seemed to arrive midday. There weren't really at groups rope drop. The crowds only picked up in the evening closer to party time. I was worried about it but it didn't really change much!
Thank you! I will have to think about the park reservations and see about maybe fluipping one of them.

LOL, I'm OK if the weather is cooler! I'm going for my birthday and if I'm going to Disney in June, I like CA weather better than FL!

We are making our very first trip to Disneyland EVER June 17-21. We are yearly WDW regulars but have never made it out to DL. I am SO excited. We're actually flying into Sacramento and doing a few days at Yosemite National Park and then driving down to DL and flying home out of LAX.

We're staying at GC b/c this is a "go big" trip for us. We have 3-day park hoppers with Genie+. I'm hoping to get in every single ride once and then hit our favorites a 2nd time. My 12yo is all about the rides and my 4yo is in her Princess era so I booked BBB :) She's also going to juuuust be 40inches so I'm thrilled that she can get on Big Thunder, Soarin, etc.

I have a few ADR reservations (got Trader Sam's) but we are more of "eat on the go quick service" family.

I really really want to catch some of the nighttime shows. My disney MO is to be up at the crack of dawn rope dropping so historically we've had a hard time making it to fireworks. But I really want to! I figure at least I can catch WoC from the Grand balcony with the music piped in?

Any recs for where to rent a stroller at DL? I like the services that drop them at your hotel at WDW but not sure what the equivalent is at DL..? Also is there a good grocery delivery service for bottled water, etc?

Any and all tips for this newbie DL family would be appreciated :)

Also, hello! First time posting :)
Try to do the fireworks early in your trip because they can and do get cancelled for wind. It may not even be windy on ground level, but if winds higher up in the sky are high, they cancel them for the safety of the surrounding homes/businesses.

For WOC, you can see part of it from the GCH balcony, and we have done this before when we were too tired to go back to DCA for it. However, it is not the best view and you can’t see the projections very well. But, if your kids are wiped out, it is still a view of WOC for you while they chill/sleep in the room!

You should be able to get all of the rides once and then some in 3 full days. Read up on the G+ threads here, as G+ is much more useful at DL then at WDW (because less people use it at DL, so it does not run out at park opening for the big rides like WDW does). Also be aware that you can’t book any LLs until each person has scanned into the park for the day (there is no advantage for LLs for staying onsite at DL like at WDW, other than you will get resort EE so you have a 30 minute head start at the parks and for booking LLs IF you are scanned in at that time-and you can book your first LL right after you scan in, so you don’t have to wait for RD or EE RD to start booking).

We are way past the stroller era, so I can’t help with that one. We usually don’t order groceries at DL, so others will have better advice. We have used Lansky’s from the airport to DL, and they have a free grocery stop at Target or a grocery store, so that is another option.

Have a magical trip!

We are crazy...but we just booked yesterday due to my kids excitement for Pixar and the uncertainty of when the next Pixar fest may be and their ages...my wife said "we have to go"

We are cruising on the Wish June 21st-24th...staying at Animal Kingdom the 24th-26th and then flying from MCO (Orlando) to LAX on the 26th and will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel the 26th-30th. Scored Blue Bayou reservations yesterday as we just missed Fantasmic last year when we came out, so we are exciting to see it this time!

Just waiting for pricing on the new ticket offer dropping later this month to finalize that element.

First trip to California and Disneyland. We are flying from Philadelphia into LAX non-stop.

Does anyone have an idea what the weather is like towards the end of June? Living on the east coast, I'm used to hot and humid weather with shorts and tank tops in June. I hear it might be cooler there but are we talking pants/jeans cooler or wear shorts and just bring a jacket for the evening?
Also from Philadelphia area and we were there last year (June 30th-July 4th) We wore shorts each day, but usually a longsleeve in the morning and one at night (for my wife and kids). I did shorts and t-shirt the whole time. It does get chilly (sometimes windy at night), we actually bought a blanket because my youngest was getting cold before the fireworks even with his sweatshirt and long pants on. I would say the high each day touched around 75-80.

Im a bit behind this year, but eventually sorted out my park days and bought my ticket.

I booked Fantasmic Dining at Blue Bayou for Thursday 27 June. I would have preferred to do Hungry Bear on Friday 28 June but that wasnt an option. Am I too late and its all sold out or is it not available yet? I booked the 27th just to have a Fantasmic reservation, but I will cancel if other options open up for 28th June.

Im a bit behind this year, but eventually sorted out my park days and bought my ticket.

I booked Fantasmic Dining at Blue Bayou for Thursday 27 June. I would have preferred to do Hungry Bear on Friday 28 June but that wasnt an option. Am I too late and its all sold out or is it not available yet? I booked the 27th just to have a Fantasmic reservation, but I will cancel if other options open up for 28th June.
This is my first time to DL, so not an expert. But pretty sure Blue Bayou just opened reservations and as of now, nothing else is offered. I am sure an expert will chime in.

Hungry Bear hasn't gone live yet (not sure if it will). There is some speculation in the Rancho Del Zocalo thread, that this may be the grab and go option

Hungry Bear hasn't gone live yet (not sure if it will). There is some speculation in the Rancho Del Zocalo thread, that this may be the grab and go option
Thanks, thats interesting, so I guess I just need to keep a watch from now on. Its the grab and go option I want, so whichever place its at is fine.

Are the fantasmic dining packages worth it? We have seen fantasmic in Disney world, is there a big difference between the two shows?

Are the fantasmic dining packages worth it? We have seen fantasmic in Disney world, is there a big difference between the two shows?
Short answer yes.

1. The show is different, has a different theme and both the Columbia Ship and Mark Twain ship are used
2. The viewing area is different.
A- There is no stadium seating, everyone sits on the ground
B- The front area, all along the water is divided into viewing areas for the dining packages. The only people in these areas have paid to be there. Before the fire, there were 3 dining package areas, Blue Bayou in the centre, with a grab and go package viewing area on the Haunted Mansion side and Riverbelle Terrace package area on the other side.
C- Standby areas and if they do virtual queue areas are behind the viewing areas.
3. After the first show, they encourage people to stay in the viewing areas. Everyone stands up and they use the fountains as a background for the Castle fireworks projections. The music from the Castle projections is played through the sound system and you can see the higher up fireworks.
4. With the grab and go, Blue Bayou and regular Riverbelle dining packages, you go to the restaurant, have your meal and then get a ticket for the viewing areas. You eat the food during the day and then in the evening go to the show.
5. With the Riverbelle Premium package, you have your food on a reserved terrace at Riverbelle Restaurant and then stay at your table and watch the show. The area is behind the standby crowd but is is raised.

For us, we already were planning to do Blue Bayou (which is already a more expensive meal overall) and we don't want to necessarily battle the crowds for the remaining areas to maybe see Fantasmic, and with 2 little ones, we wouldn't make it to the 2nd showing when it can be easier/less crowded, so we need to make the first showing. All of that factored into our decision personally.

Going June 15th-17

For both a Mini Moon and My birthday celebration. Got Reserved seat dinning for Fantasmic (BB), The Pixar Parade and WOC, got the time for the the Magic Key Lounge at sunset so should be an amazing view for dinner.

We will be there to visit family and celebrate our daughter's sweet 16 from the 12th-16th. Staying at the Embassy Suites in Orange.

Short answer yes.

1. The show is different, has a different theme and both the Columbia Ship and Mark Twain ship are used
2. The viewing area is different.
A- There is no stadium seating, everyone sits on the ground
B- The front area, all along the water is divided into viewing areas for the dining packages. The only people in these areas have paid to be there. Before the fire, there were 3 dining package areas, Blue Bayou in the centre, with a grab and go package viewing area on the Haunted Mansion side and Riverbelle Terrace package area on the other side.
C- Standby areas and if they do virtual queue areas are behind the viewing areas.
3. After the first show, they encourage people to stay in the viewing areas. Everyone stands up and they use the fountains as a background for the Castle fireworks projections. The music from the Castle projections is played through the sound system and you can see the higher up fireworks.
4. With the grab and go, Blue Bayou and regular Riverbelle dining packages, you go to the restaurant, have your meal and then get a ticket for the viewing areas. You eat the food during the day and then in the evening go to the show.
5. With the Riverbelle Premium package, you have your food on a reserved terrace at Riverbelle Restaurant and then stay at your table and watch the show. The area is behind the standby crowd but is is raised.

Do you get to sit on the ground for Fantasmic or does everyone have to stand like WOC?

Do you get to sit on the ground for Fantasmic or does everyone have to stand like WOC?
Someone else can chime in but when I was there in 2022 and in prior trips, only the dining package got to sit. Everyone else had to stand. We were in the accessibility section in 2022 and I had to stand behind my friend. One of my selling points for the package was so I could sit because I’m usually done at that point of the day, but we’ve been taking more relaxing vacations now so I’m willing to save the $$.

Someone else can chime in but when I was there in 2022 and in prior trips, only the dining package got to sit. Everyone else had to stand. We were in the accessibility section in 2022 and I had to stand behind my friend. One of my selling points for the package was so I could sit because I’m usually done at that point of the day, but we’ve been taking more relaxing vacations now so I’m willing to save the $$.
Yes this is correct. All the front section by the railings which is where the dining packages are sit on the ground. The CM's use tape and mark out 3 large rectangle areas on the ground and have rope off the sections. Before the viewing areas open, there are 3 separate lines that people wait in. The grab and go which used to be Hungry Bear and Blue Bayou dining package people line up at the Haunted Mansion side, the Riverbelle dining package people line up near Rverbelle Restaurant. When the CM's open the viewing areas, they walk the lines through the roped sections and into the viewing areas. Blue Bayo gets walked in first as its the middle section. The grab and go which used to be Hungry Bear line.

Everyone in the viewing sections has to sit on the ground. Before the show you can stand but once the lights go down, everyone has to sit. In the before times, before the shutdown, Blue Bayou used to get foam cushions to sit on. But they didnt bring that back when the parks reopened. I have 3 of them.

The viewing areas are on a slight incline, and some people bring the Blue Bayou foam cushions they got in the before times, some people bring blankets, some people just sit straight on the ground.

In 2022, there was a chair section behind the Blue Bayou / grab and go Hungry Bear section which was reserved for the VIP / Plaid tours.

The standby section was behind those chairs. Everyone behind the chair section had to stand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter